Public Library's History
The Cresson Public
Library started in 1921, staffed by volunteers. In 1924 the library
was located in a small room on the third floor of the First National
Bank Building and in 1927 it moved to second floor of the Cresson Municipal
Building. A groundbreaking ceremony on May 17, 1962 initiated construction
of the present building on ground donated by Mr. and Mrs. James B. McCardell.
This project was made possible by public donations and volunteer labor.
The present building was dedicated on September 13, 1964.
Return to Home Page