Digital Literacy Navigator
REPORTS TO: Library Director
POSITION SUMMARY: The Digital Literacy Navigator is a contracted position for the period of June 2022 through July 2023 that is responsible for implementing digital literacy courses to small classes at various locations in Cambria County. Strong computer skills and teaching abilities are required.
- Collaborate with grant committee to design curriculum for classes
- Work with system member library directors to schedule sessions at various locations throughout the county
- Set up, tear down, and provide hands-on support to users for the Pop Up Computer Lab
- Instruct small groups for five weeks of instruction per location to teach digital literacy curriculum
- Answer questions and guide users through basic computer functions
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- Strong computer literacy skills, including proficiency with Word/Google Docs, Excel/Spreadsheets, computer security basics, email, and other general functions
- Experience providing instruction in small-group settings
- Ability to complete NorthStar Digital Literacy assessments
- Excellent planning, organizational and coordination skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle to travel throughout the county
- Criminal background check, child abuse clearance, and FBI fingerprint check
Strength and movement requirements
- Able to lift or move 50 lbs.
- Occasional crouching (bending of the knees)
- Stooping (bending at the waist) and reaching
Manual /physical dexterity requirements
- Able to manipulate a keyboard and mouse
- Able to set up laptops, projector, and screen
- Able to manipulate data cables, cords, or connections
The Digital Literacy Navigator will be contracted for 20 hours a week with a $300 per week salary for the grant period. Travel expenses are eligible for reimbursement.
To apply, submit resume and cover letter via email, ATTN: Director, or visit our Indeed.com job posting to complete an application online.