POSITION: Library Support Staff
REPORTS TO: Head of Circulation
POSITION SUMMARY: Works regularly at the circulation desk, assisting the public with borrowing and accessing library materials. Supports patrons and staff by following established policies and procedures of the Cambria County Library.
- Provide circulation functions such as checking books in and out and renewing items.
- Accept fine payments.
- Use the cash register, make change, and handle credit card transactions.
- Answer and direct phone calls.
- Shelve books in various parts of the collection and shelf-read as
- Receive, shelve, and organize collection materials.
- Serve patrons by helping to select and locate materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to serve the public in a calm and courteous manner
Strength and movement requirements
- Considerable walking in the work area
- Able to sit for long periods of time
- Able to lift or move 30 lbs.
- Occasional crouching (bending of the knees)
- Stooping (bending at the waist) and reaching
Manual /physical dexterity requirements
- Able to manipulate a keyboard
- Able to manipulate other office equipment, such as photocopier, including filing paper trays
- Able to manipulate mouse or other input device (ex. Barcode scanner)
- Able to manipulate data cables, cords, or connections
Email your resume with the subject “ATTN: Director” to firstname.lastname@example.org