Cambria County Library is looking for an Evening Maintenance Assistant to join our team! To apply, please submit resume in person or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. A full job description is listed below:
POSITION: Maintenance Assistant
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs general routine cleaning and maintenance assistance of the library building’s three floors and outside grounds. Ability to open and the close the library. Act in a security capacity.
20 hours a week, primarily evenings, plus one Saturday a month.
- Mop stairwells, floors and hallways.
- Carpet sweeping.
- Restroom cleaning and upkeep.
- Empty books from outside drop box and deliver to front desk.
- Monitor parking lot when needed.
- Minor snow removal and salting.
- Set up and tear down tables/chairs in community meeting room.
- Outdoor maintenance as needed.
- Routine disinfecting of hard surfaces.
- Security patrol of all three floors.
- Ask any patrons who won’t abide by library rules and regulations to leave the premises; call police when necessary.
- Regularly perform closing duties, including securing building at end of daily operations.
- Occasionally perform opening duties, including preparing building for business before start of daily operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to communicate well
- Considerable walking in the work area
- Able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lift or move 80 lbs
- Crouching (bending of the knees)
- Stooping (bending at the waist)