Northern Cambria Public Library is looking for an Assistant Director / Circulation clerk to join our team! If you are interested, please email our director at email@example.com or send a resume to the library: ATTN: Director, 4200 N. Crawford Ave, Northern Cambria PA, 15714
Reports to: Library Director
Primary Function: In the absence of the director this person handles daily duties of the director. This position is also responsible for providing services for general library operations, assisting in library related projects, circulation of all library materials, and providing reference services.
- Knowledge of Evergreen System
- Check books and all other materials in and out at Main Circulation Desk
- Process new library cards, applications and enter into system.
- Place library barcodes on applications for register new patrons.
- Answer requests for holds, Access PA, check out, pack items to be delivered, print labels as needed and log items.
- Order books for patrons through ILL and Access PA.
- Return ILL books to respective libraries either through Courier or mail.
- Make photocopies and send faxes for patrons as needed.
- Accept all payments of fines or sales from public and log.
- Utilize Excel software to record and track daily stats, and income at the end of each day/month and turn into business manager.
- Provide over dues to Director for billings.
- Answer telephone provide detailed messages to Director if unavailable at the time of call.
- Distribute periodicals, newspapers, and books from UPS, USPS, or courier to appropriate shelved and all administrative mail to Director.
- Help Patrons with microfilm machine, laminate or scan materials as requested.
- Provide assistance to patrons with computer and e-resources.
- Assist director with selection suggestions from patrons.
- Process new materials for shelving with Spark copy cataloging, cover (if necessary, and shelve.
- Mend books or withdraw from collection if unable to fix.
- Weed collection and withdraw weeded books from computer under the supervision of the director .
- Have basic knowledge of digital resources.
- Oversee public computers.
- Assist with press releases and fax to Mainline Courier
- All other duties as assigned by Director
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Ability to work collaboratively and professionally with co-workers and patrons.
• Excellent attention to detail is required
• Excellent customer service skills are required.
• Must be reliable.
• Must be able to assume responsibility and work independently.
• Computer skills in Microsoft office.
• Basic typing skills.