Portage Public Library Board Member (Volunteer Position)
As the Portage Public Library celebrates its 95th year of serving the community and promoting literacy for all ages, the library is excited to welcome additional members to its Board of Directors.
Primary Responsibilities and Requirements
- Residency of Portage Borough, Portage Township or Cassandra Borough;
- Complete a PA State Police, Child Abuse History, and Fingerprint-based Federal Criminal History
- Attend monthly board meetings;
- Assist in fundraising activities & actively volunteer for the library as needed;
- Advocate for the library within the community;
- Develop strategic plans and nurture fiscal responsibility;
- Craft and review policies and procedures that comply with PA Public Library Code.
- Time commitment approximately 3 to 8 hours per month.
How to Apply
Prospective candidates can apply by sending a letter and resume (if available) to the Library Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or Portage Public Library, 704 Main Street, Portage, PA 15946
To learn more about the library, please visit https://www.cclsys.org/portage/.
Our mission is to provide the Portage community with a safe environment which allows patrons to enrich their lives through reliable quality material and excellent customer service.Portage Public Library Mission Statement