Beginning Wednesday, November 18, 2020, in-person services, with the exception of computer access, will be suspended until further notice. Our basket raffle has been cancelled.
This decision comes after careful consideration & in light of both the Portage Borough’s decision to close their building on 11/16/2020 and the Cambria County’s state designation as an area with “substantial” COVID-19 case increases. Our patrons’ safety is our biggest priority. Together, we hope to navigate these changes for the safety of one another. We thank you for letting us serve you!
We will continue the services below during our operating hours:
1. Outdoor Pickup (our version of Curbside service): You can borrow books, DVDs, magazines, and audiobooks and get copies and faxes through this contactless service. You can search our online catalog for books, movies, and other items online here: portage.sparkpa.org. We can also talk with you via phone to make sure you can find your next great read. At this time our inter-library loan service is also still available.
2. Computer Access: CALL AHEAD to use the computer and printer. If our computer service is not occupied when you call; we can provide computer access to you quickly. We know that access to computers is a needed service in our community, so we will continue this “CALL AHEAD” procedure as long as it is safe to do so.
3. Reference assistance: Our Library staff, Kaytlin, is available to assist you in finding answers to your questions!
Hours for Outdoor Pickup and CALL AHEAD Computer Access:
Tues & Thurs: 12 pm – 6 pm
Wed, Fri, & Sat: 10 am – 2 pm
Sun & Mon: CLOSED
The following services are available 24/7:
1. Wi-Fi: The library has Wi-Fi outside via the library’s grounds and parking lot under the Network “Homework Hub”.
2. Digital Reading Material: Thousands of eBooks and audiobook are available through our cloudlibrary service at yourcloudlibrary.com with your library card.