Children Support Staff
The Children’s department at Cambria County Library is expanding and seeking an enthusiastic and child-oriented staff member. The new position will assist with a new after-school feeding program, provide great service to patrons on the children’s floor, and support other Children’s Department tasks. The new feeding-program is a grant-funded opportunity for the library to help reduce the impact of child hunger in our region, while providing children with entertaining and educational program opportunities.
Our Children’s Department Staff play a vital role in our mission: to connect our community with resources that educate, entertain, and empower.
- Assist in preparing materials, activities, and snacks for programs, including the after-school feeding program.
- Assist in implementation and clean-up of programs, including the after-school feeding program.
- Receive, shelve and, organize children’s collection materials.
- Serve patrons by helping to select and locate children’s materials
- Operate Evergreen circulation software to check out computers for use by patrons.
- Answer department phone and any questions regarding children’s department operations.
- Perform opening and/or closing procedures to ensure the department is in order.
- Willingness to help in any other daily operations necessary to the successful running of the library.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Work experience with children
- Ability to communicate and work well with children, families, and library staff
- Strong computer skills
- Strength and movement requirements
- Considerable walking in the work area
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to lift or move 30 pounds
- Occasional crouching (bending of the knees)
- Stooping (bending at the waist) and reaching
- Manual / Physical Dexterity Requirements
- Ability to manipulate a keyboard, mouse, and other computer input devices (ex. Barcode scanner)
- Ability to manipulate data cables, cords, or connections
- Ability to manipulate button and touch-screen operated equipment such as photocopier or telephone
- Ability to manipulate a library cart
Applicants may submit an email to Cambria County Library or view and apply on Indeed.