We’re looking for a staff member to help continue the success of our afternoon programs at Cambria County Library. Our programs help children learn creativity and literacy while exploring the world around them. Please see the full job description and application instructions below:
Position: Children’s Department Support Staff
REPORTS TO: Children’s Supervisor
POSITION SUMMARY: Assist in programming preparation and implementation, operate Children’s Department circulation desk, and supports patrons and staff by following established policies and procedures of the Cambria County Library Children’s Department.
- Assist in preparing materials, activities, and snacks for programs, including the afternoon feeding program.
- Assist in implementation and clean-up of programs, including the afternoon feeding program.
- Receive, shelve and, organize children’s collection materials.
- Serve patrons by helping to select and locate children’s materials
- Operate Evergreen circulation software to check out computers for use by patrons.
- Answer department phone and any questions regarding children’s department operations.
- Perform opening and/or closing procedures to ensure the department is in order.
- Willingness to help in any other daily operations necessary to the successful running of the library.
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Work experience with children
- Ability to communicate and work well with children, families, and library staff
- Strong computer skills
Strength and movement requirements
- Considerable walking in the work area
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to lift or move 30 pounds
- Occasional crouching (bending of the knees)
- Stooping (bending at the waist) and reaching
Manual / physical dexterity requirements
- Ability to manipulate a keyboard, mouse, and other computer input devices (ex. Barcode scanner)
- Ability to manipulate data cables, cords, or connections
- Ability to manipulate button and touch-screen operated equipment such as photocopier or telephone
- Ability to manipulate a library cart
Applications can be submitted to email@example.com with the subject ATTN: Director, or apply online at Indeed.com