Inclined to Read Bookstore Manager
Oversee the entire operations of the Friends of the Library’s Inclined to Read bookstore, which includes managing an all-volunteer workforce. This position reports to the Friends of the Library President and the Library Director.
Full Job Description
- Work 16 hours weekly, with some flexibility in scheduling.
- Recruit, train, schedule, and supervise volunteers.
- Maintain adequate staffing of the store.
- Manage bookstore stock as needed to adapt to changing sales.
- Implement and publicize special sales.
- Plan and execute expansion of the store size and hours.
- Manage online sales of specially priced items.
- Coordinate bookstore-related activities with Library staff as needed.
- Attend Board Meetings & present store info.
- Work within Library to distribute books to the 3rd floor.
- Assist with fundraisers.
- Keeping the store clean (running the sweeper, light dusting).
- Education level: Minimum high school/GED.
- Computer skills, including the use of Internet and software applications, such
- as Microsoft Office, Excel and Publisher; managing online accounts.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Supervisory and inventory experience helpful.
- Familiar with Dewey classification system and roman numerals.
- Accounting skills.
- Must assume responsibility for all aspects of the store and its success.
- Able to lift or move 30 pounds repeatedly.
- Able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Considerably walking in the work area.
- Occasional crouching, stooping, and reaching.
- Able to manipulate a keyboard and other input devices; data cables; and other types of office equipment.
- Must understand that all donated books/materials are bookstore property.
- Must be able to maintain any necessary records.
- Must comply with Library policies as appropriate.
- Obtain necessary clearances.
Pay and Benefits:
- Range $10.00 – $12.00 per hour, depending on qualifications and experience.
- Paid Time Off
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability