Our Mission is to enrich the lives of our community by creating an environment for growth, discovery, and connection.
Getting a Library Card
Library cards are free to any resident of Cambria County, and can be used at any of the 14 Cambria County System member libraries.
To apply, users must complete an application and show a current government issued ID that includes the user’s current name, photograph, and address.
PA Residents who do not live in Cambria County may still obtain a Cambria County Library card. Residents who have a current library card from their home library with an ACCESS PA sticker may present their card and valid photo ID at any Cambria County System Library to obtain a Cambria County Library Card.
PA Residents who do not have a home library may pay a non-resident fee to obtain a Cambria County Library System card. Check with your local library for pricing. Residents from unserved areas of Indiana County may obtain a card to access materials at the Cambria County Library, located in Johnstown, at no cost. This arrangement is possible because Indiana County is part of the Johnstown District.
Materials may be borrowed from and returned to any Cambria County Library System member library.
Books from any Cambria County Library System member library will circulate for 2 weeks. Items may be renewed online, at the library, or over the phone. Books may typically be renewed twice. However, if the item is on hold for another patron, it will not be renewable.
Some items are available for different borrowing periods and may include a rental cost. At Carrolltown Public Library these items include DVDs, which circulate for a period of 1 week.
Lost or Damaged Items
Items that are not returned to the library within 90 days will be charged for the cost of the item and a $5 processing fee. Patrons will also be charged replacement and processing fees for items that are returned in a damaged state. The Cambria County System member libraries may work with the local magistrate to recover the cost of lost or damaged items.
The Carrolltown Public Library serves children by providing reading materials, study areas, and toys. We have a variety of STEM items that include an assortment of blocks, LEGOs, and robots. Computers with internet access and many online resources are also available. We provide weekly story hours, summer reading programs, and other special programs. We frequently take photos during programs, and we have photo and video release forms available for parents’ signatures.
We try to provide a pleasant, safe environment with helpful and friendly service and assistance. We ask our patrons to help by following these guidelines:
1. Food and drink are not permitted near computers, toys, or books.
2. Please keep noise to a minimum in consideration of other patrons and staff.
3. No weapons (real or toy) are permitted in the library.
4. The library is a smoke-free and drug-free area.
5. Profane language will not be tolerated.
6. Children should not run or climb unless instructed to do so as part of a library program.
7. Parents are responsible for any books or other items damaged by their children.
8. Children under the age of ten should be accompanied by an adult. If the library is closing at regular times or in an emergency situation and the parent or guardian of a child cannot be located in the building, the Carrolltown Borough Police may be called.
9. The library is not responsible for any consequences of parents forfeiting their responsibilities.
Failure to comply with these rules could result in termination of privileges.
HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Tuesday: 12:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Wednesday: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Thursday: 12:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Saturday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Tours & Group Visits
Printing, Copying, and Scanning
After Hours Book Drop
Ongoing Used Book Sale